This is an AICTE approved Short Term Program
Department: Mechanical Engineering
Intended audience: Industry participants, College students, Faculty
About: The course will deal with the fundamentals and diversified industrial /Defense applications. The course would also cover a demonstration of the existing know-how and facilities in the lab. The major contents are as follows –
• Enduring trends in Fluid Power Technology-Past and Present
• Introduction to Fluid Power Technology-Components, Application and Basic Laws
• Pumping Theory. Construction and Operational features of Hydraulic pumps and Efficiencies
• Constructional features, selections and Applications of Control Elements – Direction Control, Pressure Control and Flow control Valves
• Construction and Operational features of Fluid Power Actuators and Their Efficiencies
• Design and Analysis of Fluid Power Circuits
• Proportional and Servohydraulics
• Modeling of Fluid Power Components
• Accessories- Filters Accumulators, Seals and Maintenance
Session dates: 14-02-2022 to 19-02-2022 (6 days)
Time: -information awaited-
Last date of Registration: 08-02-2022
Profile of the Instructor(s)
Name: Prof. Somashekhar S. Hiremath
Profile: Somashekhar S Hiremath works as an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras. He has more than TWO decades of Teaching and Research Experience in cutting edge area Mechatronic System Design, Robotics, Micromachining, Fluid Power System and Additive Manufacturing. He Worked as Visiting Professor at Ecole Centrale de Nantes. France and Warsaw University of Technology, Poland.
As of now he has guided 14 Ph.D., 5 M.S. (by research), and 43 M.Tech. Students. He has published 73 Journals, 4 Books, 4 Book Chapter, 130 National and International Conferences and delivered 138 invited talks at various
engineering colleges, R&D institutions and Industry. Also to note his NPTEL Course on Oil Hydraulics and
Pneumatics is very popular.
He is conducting Regular STTP/FDP/CEP Courses on cutting edge technologies like Fluid Power Systems,
Mechatronics, Micromachining, Robotics and Optimization techniques for Industries, Defence organizations and Engineering College Teachers. As of now, he was conducted 18 Courses on Cutting Edge Areas of his specialization.
Eligibility & Fees
Eligibility requirement of participants:
- Faculty – Faculty of Mechanical, Industrial Production, Mechatronics, Automobile, Ocean Engineering, Aerospace and ECE departments from AICTE recognized Engineering Colleges only are eligible to apply
- College Student – M.Tech and Ph. D. Scholars
Maximum Number of participants that can be accommodated:
- Faculty – 40
- Student – 10
Click here to download the Sponsorship Certificate format.
Click here to submit your sponsorship certificate and other details.
Criteria: Attending all the sessions and submitting the assignments, if any.
There are no reviews yet.