Embark on a journey into the world of data engineering with our hands-on workshop, “Introduction to Data Engineering Using Azure.” Gain a foundation in core database concepts in cloud environments and data services including relational data, non relational data, big data, and analytics. This workshop is designed for participants with both technical and nontechnical backgrounds. This workshop is designed for individuals interested in understanding the fundamental concepts of data engineering and gaining practical experience in utilizing Microsoft Azure services.
Our main objective of this workshop is to make you ready for DP 900: Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals.
Note : Azure subscription is not required.
Session Dates : 17th & 18th February, 2024
17th February, 2024 : 10: 00 a.m. – 12 Noon
18th February, 2024 : 10: 00 a.m. – 01:00 p.m.
Profile of the Instructor
Piyush Wairale (M.Tech, IIT Madras)
Course Instructor at IIT Madras BS Degree
Educator at Microsoft Learn
Piyush Wairale is an alumnus of IIT Madras. Presently, he is working as an instructor at IIT Madras BS Degree Program. Additionally, he serves as an educator at Microsoft Learn, where he has played a pivotal role in mentoring over 600 students and guiding them to attain Microsoft certifications successfully.
Piyush has also conducted numerous online workshops and sessions on MS Azure certification exams. His professional achievements include obtaining the Google Certified Educator certification and demonstrating his proficiency in utilizing Google’s educational tools and platforms. Furthermore, Piyush possesses the Microsoft Certified Data Engineer certification, showcasing his profound expertise in data engineering—a field of utmost importance in today’s data-driven landscape.
Students with STEM backgrounds and faculty
Overview of Data Engineering and Azure:
● What is data engineering
● What is Azure
● About skillable labs to perform hands-on exercises
Describe core data concepts:
● What is structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data
● Describe features of transactional & analytical workloads
● Identify roles and responsibilities for data workloads
Identify considerations for relational data on Azure:
● Identify features of relational data
● Describe normalization and why it is used
● Identify common structured query language (SQL) statements
● Identify common database objects
● Describe relational Azure data services
Describe considerations for working with non-relational data on Azure:
● Different types of Azure storage
● Describe the capabilities and features of Azure Cosmos DB
Describe an analytics workload on Azure:
● Describe considerations for data ingestion and processing
● Describe options for analytical data stores
● Describe Azure services for data warehousing, including Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, Microsoft Fabric, Azure HDInsight, and Azure Data Factory
● Describe the difference between batch and streaming data
● Identify Microsoft cloud services for real-time analytics
Access to practical labs to get hands-on experience:
● Hands-on Experience on Azure
Attendance & Completion of Labs is the criteria for certification. Certificates will be issues to all the participants upon satisfying the certification criteria.