Mode of workshop: Online
Day 1 – 17th April, 2023: Password Cracking
- Concepts covered : Attacks on Password Management
- Learning Outcomes : Using different tools for password cracking
Day 2- 18th April, 2023: Network Scanning Techniques
- Concepts covered : Different scanning techniques
- Learning Outcomes : How to discover applications, operating systems, systems in the networks
Day 3 – 19th April, 2023: Packet Sniffers
- Concepts covered : Packet sniffing with TCPDUMP
- Learning Outcomes : How to use tcpdump for packet capture and analysis
Day 4 – 20th April, 2023: Web Security Testing
- Concepts covered : Web application testing with OWSAP ZAP
- Learning Outcomes : Testing web applications for vulnerability
Day 5 – 21st April, 2023: Intrusion Detection
- Concepts covered : Snort Intrusion Detection System
- Learning Outcomes : How to use Snort, write rules and detect attacks
Session dates: 17 – 21st April, 2023
Time: 7pm to 9pm
Last date of Registration: March 30th, 2023
Profile of the Instructor(s)
Dr. Neminath Hubballi is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Indore. He received a PhD degree in Computer Science from Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati. He and his research team mainly work on problems related to Network Security, System Security, Named Data Networking and Fault Detection in Networks. Prior to joining IIT Indore, he has worked with Hewlett-Packard, Infosys Lab, and Samsung R&D on various projects. He served as TPC co-chair of IEEE ANTS 2018 and served as TPC chair of IEEE ANTS 2021. He has been awarded a DUO-India fellowship in the year 2020 for joint research with City University of London. His projects have been funded by DST, SPARC, TIH, CSIR, SERB and TCS.
Eligibility & Fees
- B.Tech and M.Tech students having interest in Cyber Security.
- Industry Professional
- No restriction on academic background.
- Knowledge of computer networks is essential.
Fees for the workshop:
BTech, MTech and PhD students – 2000 INR + 18% GST = 2360 INR
College Teachers – 3000 + 18% GST = 3540 INR
Industry – 7000 INR + 18% GST = 8260 INR
After successful completion of the course, a certificate will be awarded to each participant.
Excellent course. Rare one.
Dharmender Singh Rana –
Excellent course, everyone must have the knowledge.