Mode of workshop: Online
This workshop will cover topics like Inspection of materials, Destructive and Non-destructive inspection etc.
Day 1 : Saturday : 17th December, 2022
- Concepts covered : Introduction, Fundamental Concept of Quality, Inspection Types and Principles, Destructive Inspection
- Learning Outcomes: Attendees will get knowledge about various inspection methods employed during and after manufacturing processes, specifically the destructive techniques.
- Live session 2:30 hrs lecture. 30 mins Assessment
Day 2: Sunday : 18th December, 2022
- Concepts covered : Non-destructive Inspection and Engineering Metrology
- Learning Outcomes : Attendees will get the knowledge about the different non-destructive inspection techniques and few of the measurement techniques including linear, angular and surface roughness measurement methods.
- Live session 1:30 hrs lecture. 20 mins Assessment , 10 mins closing ceremony
Session dates: 17th & 18th December, 2022
Time: Saturday 10am – 1pm and Sunday 10am-12noon
Last date of Registration: December 7th, 2022
Profile of the Instructor(s)
Prof. Kaushik Pal is Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, IIT Roorkee since 2012. He obtained his Ph.D Degree (2009) from IIT, Kharagpur and then joined Gyeongsang National University, South Korea for pursuing Post-Doc research. His fields of interests are surface modification of nano-materials and use of such materials in different electronic, mechanical and biomedical applications. Currently, he is acting as reviewer of several internationally known journals and an active member of National Academy of Sciences, American Chemical Society (ACS) and Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC). Also, he is the recipient of Brain Korea (BK-21) fellowship award and DAAD fellowship award.
Eligibility & Fees
College students (B. Tech/ M. Tech, Ph. D), Faculty, Industry people
Fees for the workshop:
- College students: 590(Rs 500 + GST)
- Faculty:1180(Rs 1000 + GST)
- Industry : 2360(Rs 2000 + GST)
After attending all the sessions and submitting the project, we will provide you with a workshop completion certificate from NPTEL.