Project management is an essential skill-set for many careers and in many contexts in our lives. Project Management is an ideal starting point if you need to manage projects at work or at home, while not necessarily being a formally trained project manager. It is also suitable if you are considering undertaking a project in the near future and are seeking to learn and apply essential project management knowledge and skills.
Students of B.Tech. M.Tech, PhD and working professionals
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Dr. M.K. Barua is an Associate Professor at Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee. He is also seconded faculty Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) Bangkok and Defense Engineering College, FDRE’s Metals and Engineering Corporation, Ethiopia. Also he is visiting faculty at IIM Sirmaur and IIM Rohtak. His research interest includes Operations management, project management and supply chain management. He has published more than 100 research papers in international journals of repute
1. Join the course
Learners may pay the applicable fees and enrol to a course on offer in the portal and get access to all of its contents including assignments. Validity of enrolment, which includes access to the videos and other learning material and attempting the assignments, will be mentioned on the course. Learner has to complete the assignments and get the minimum required marks to be eligible for the certification exam within this period.
COURSE ENROLMENT FEE: The Fee for Enrolment is Rs. 3000 + GST
2. Watch Videos+Submit Assignments
After enrolling, learners can watch lectures and learn and follow it up with attempting/answering the assignments given.
3. Get qualified to register for exams
A learner can earn a certificate in the self paced course only by appearing for the online remote proctored exam and to register for this, the learner should get minimum required marks in the assignments as given below:
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE
Assignment score = Score more than 50% in at least 9/12 assignments.
Exam score = 50% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
Only the e-certificate will be made available. Hard copies will not be dispatched.”
4. Register for exams
The certification exam is conducted online with remote proctoring. Once a learner has become eligible to register for the certification exam, they can choose a slot convenient to them from what is available and pay the exam fee. Schedule of available slot dates/timings for these remote-proctored online examinations will be published and made available to the learners.
EXAM FEE: The remote proctoring exam is optional for a fee of Rs.1500 + GST. An additional fee of Rs.1500 will apply for a non-standard time slot.
5. Results and Certification
After the exam, based on the certification criteria of the course, results will be declared and learners will be notified of the same. A link to download the e-certificate will be shared with learners who pass the certification exam.
Week 1: Project Management Fundamentals Week 2: Project life cycle analysis Week 3: Project selection methods Week 4:Capital budgeting techniques Week 5: Risk management Week 6: Risk and technical analysis Week 7: HRM issues in project management Week 8: PERT and CPM Week 9: Probability models in networks Week 10: Crashing of networks Week 11: Cost management and cost control Week 12:Quality and procurement management
Books and References
1. Roderick A. Munro and Govindarajan Ramu and Daniel J. Zrymiak, The certified six sigma Green Belt Handbook, ASQ Quality Press and Infotech Standards India Pvt. Ltd.
2. T. M. Kubiak and Donald W. Benbow, The Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Handbook, Pearson Publication.
3. Forrest W. Breyfogle III, Implementing Six Sigma, John Wiley & Sons, INC.
4. Evans, J R and W M Lindsay, An Introduction to Six Sigma and Process Improvement, CENGAGE Learning.
5. Howard S. Gitlow and David M. Levine, Six Sigma for Green Belts and Champions, Pearson Education, Inc.
6. Montgomery, D C. Design and Analysis of Experiments, Wiley.
7. Mitra, Amitava. Fundamentals of Quality Control and Improvement, Wiley India Pvt Ltd.
8. Montgomery, D C. Statistical Quality Control: A modern introduction, Wiley.
There are no reviews yet.